Skip to main content

Storybook Favorites from Past Semesters

Here are my favorite stories from the storybooks. Each of the titles is a link to the story so you can read more!

Sitapedia

Sitapedia is a page dedicated to Sita, written in the style of a 2000's era fan blog. I found it really interesting because the style of the writing in the story is clearly from the internet-era, but the original story and character are from a far earlier time period. I liked how the author thought to make Sita into a modern celebrity by writing a gossip column, showing diary entries, and making a merch store in the introduction. The introduction really set the tone for what to expect from the story, and I thought it was really well put together and outside the box thinking.

Merch is for sale on the Sitapedia blog! (Source: Sitapedia Intro)

This storybook is is an Indian Epics take on The Good Place, a TV show about the afterlife where characters are in a heavenly utopia. I personally like the TV show, which is why I was first drawn to look at this storybook. The adaptation to the Indian afterlife, and Karma is a really good idea. I liked the use of images throughout the story - the overall layout and imagery of this storybook was my favorite of them all. I also thought the use of a script was a good idea, and it helped me imagine the characters better as the story played out.

Celestial Weapons in the Star Wars Universe

This storybook is all about how Star Wars could include weapons and missions like the ones in the epics studied in the class. I am a big fan of Star Wars, and I liked the storytelling of the Author and their work to include music and pictures to build suspense for the story. I thought the style was distinct because they made the story more of their own, rather than sticking to the exact plot of the particular stories they read. I think this was a really good way to integrate the epics into a modern story, and Star Wars was a good choice because the societies and planets in the movies are similarly foreign concepts to us, just like these epics from India.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Hi Everyone! Here is the link to my storybook: Super Ramayana Bros. (If the link doesn't work, here is the full version: https://sites.google.com/view/super-ramayana-brothers/home ) Thanks for commenting about my project on this Comment Wall! Mario on a real life wall - graffiti is a comment. Source: Wikimedia

Introduction to a Robotics Nerd: Justin

Hi everyone! My name is Justin Kleiber, and I am a senior in Computer Engineering. My passion is robotics, which is the main reason I ended up choosing my major. At OU, I am the president of Sooner Competitive Robotics, which is one of the engineering college's competition teams (hit me up if you want to join!). I also do research on campus, where I mainly work on making a quadcopter fly around without a pilot controlling it. I help a group of high school students in OKC build and program a robot for the FIRST robotics competition, a worldwide high school robotics program. I love robotics, and as such, robots tend to surround my life. A picture I took of the research drone flying in its cage Additionally, I am really competitive and love sports. I've gone to every home OU football game in the four years I have been here, as well as to the Rose Bowl, the Peach Bowl, and two Red River Shootout games. Growing up, I was a huge Virginia Tech fan because my parents went there

Week 7 Story: Comedy Mahabharata

Comedy Mahabharata: Act 4, Scene 3 The scene opens up on a battlefield. The Battle of Kurukshetra is only growing in intensity. In the midst of the scrum, ARJUNA comes out to the front and begins speaking. ARJUNA: The Kauravas have killed my son! It had to be that Jayadratha. He is evil, and has always had it coming to him. We should have killed him back a few scenes ago, but... JAYADRATHA appears from the melee JAYADRATHA: I didn't do anything! It was Duhshasana! He killed your son with a mace not I! ARJUNA: That is irrelevant! You led six warriors against him and killed him! I'm going to kill you now. JAYADRATHA: Oh no. ARJUNA and JAYADRATHA begin running around in circles but nobody intervenes. DRONA steps forward DRONA: Yes, we know what you are wondering - why are we Kauravas stopping Arjuna from killing Jayadratha? Jayadratha is on our side after all. But Jayadratha is insignificant to our plans, so we don't really care if anything happens... ARJUN